This has been an interesting week, for sure. I’ve rediscovered my passion for “driving in circles”. The story is certainly an interesting one, and somewhat of a long one. Check back later this week for something about that. 🙂
Mainly because of that, along with finishing the whole second half of the 5th season of The West Wing (which features one of my favorite lines, spoken by Josh, about the space program – “It’s all low-earth orbits. It like if, 30 years after Columbus, Spain expected people to get hot and bothered about a trip to Mallorca.”, and generally not having much time in front of the computer this weekend, the update’s going to be somewhat short this week.
Posts I liked this week –
- Computerworld highlights some great ads over the last forty years of their magazine (via Neatorama)
- mrbrown shared a video he found of Bill O’Reilly getting taken to school by a 16-year-old who was defending his school’s seminar on drug use and other “risky” behaviors
- deanpence bought an iPhone and gave it a very thorough review; the phone’s definitely not for me, but it’s good to see that it does live up to the hype
- Allie at Memoirs of a Gouda has found a way to stop Jehovah’s Witnesses from visiting – put a Buddha statue in the front garden; that works most of the time. However, I find that living in a hard-to find place helps too 🙂
- Directions, 1937 style, can be found at Shorpy (a great photo blog featuring old photos from at least 50-60 years ago.
- I know that y’all may have seen this already, but Craig Harper says that if you want something, you actually have to do something to get it. Take that, “the secret”! (By the way, if you haven’t seen it, the Chaser’s War on Everything tried out the secret and it didn’t go as planned…..I’ll put the video at the end of the post ;))
- How would you react to getting a Lexus for your birthday? You’d be over the moon, right? Well, Matt at Fireflies in the Cloud found a video showing how a kid reacted to getting a Lexus…
- Thiru’s How to Live Online has a very interesting graph showing what people do online by age group. Not surprisingly, the younger you are, the more likely you are to participate in various aspects of internet life.
- Ray at FreshBlogger has a quick how-to on finding your blogging voice. It’s something that I think can help almost any blogger be better. 🙂
- Lastly, cars are being delivered all over Australia, but two really nice cars are going to my friend Snoskred, one for her parents, and one for herself 😉
It has been a bumper week for the US Blogs community at BumpZEE. These are the new blogs –
- Declaration Photos
- Advertising For Success
- CoolAdzine for Marketers
- Endangered Spaces
- Texas RV Travel Blog
- Homeschooling In The Ozarks
- n E o A u T e U r
- Principled Discovery
- Life With Heathens
Traffic was about average for the week, until Sunday night after someone submitted the site to StumbleUpon, which caused over 100 people to show up, for a total of 147 unique visitors yesterday, making the total number for the week 236.
This week, it’s the 4th of July, so that means there will be a “war” of sorts outside. I’ll explain that later. I’m also up to episode 5 of The West Wing season 6 – it’s been eventful so far, and I expect it to keep going. I’ll also have a post for the Hump Day Hmm about Karma, and more 🙂
Lastly, here is the Chaser video, as promised 🙂 –