It’s been a relatively quiet week around here. I’ve done a bit of work, but the big highlight of the week is that we’re getting into the hot season of the year; yesterday was the hottest day so far, with a high reported locally of 96.4°F (35.8°C). I love my air conditioner – set to the recommended 78°F (25.6°C), you only notice the heat when you leave the area bounded by door curtains ;).
Today we got over an inch (250mm) of rain, and they’re saying that it’s going to be similar tomorrow with heat and then rain. With that information out of the way, onto the update 🙂
Posts I liked –
- Kate at DatingGod gives some great lessons in the art of the salad.
- Kirrily Robert’s discussion of the unique challenges faced being an Aussie geek
- Radioactive Jam has some questions which need to be asked.
- The Reader Appreciation Project explores the image that website badges present to your readers.
- Duncan posted a brilliant ad which shows what life would be like if everybody owned a Ford XR8 Ute. I’ve posted the video at the bottom
New Blogs I’m reading in Google Reader –
- MeAndMyDrum, home of the iReply movement.
- Reader Appreciation Project, a blog focused on its readers 🙂
- Sydney Daily Photo, featuring one of the world’s best cities
New blogs this week in the US Blogs community at BumpZEE –
- Wonderland or Not
- Terence Chang – Blah Blah Blog
- The Beef Jerky Blog
- On My Mac
- History Survey
- History Survey Links
On the blog, I posted about Salmon and pesto, told a story about a bit of karma in my life, and focused on two interesting websites – MyBlogLog and Alexa. I also shared a bit more of my life, including my recent lack of focus.
Traffic was pretty good for the week, with 120 visitors stopping by, including a couple stragglers from the massive Stumbleupon influx that lasted a little into last Monday. 🙂
This week, my aim is to comment on 10 to 15 blogs a day, keep up with other sites that I’ve commented on, keep track of things on here. Also, I am setting the ball in motion to make a major change in my life – something that should have happened about 7 years ago, but didn’t happen for no good reason. On top of that, I’ll have some items for this week’s Hump Day Hmm… – “The things I carry with me” – I’ll let you in on one thing – there are a couple of sayings, one is fairly logical, and the other one is totally mangled, but of my own creation. 🙂 I must not forget, too, to mention that the idea for this week was one from my good friend Snoskred 🙂