This week, I have some great posts for y’all, and I’ve added quite a few blogs about blogging to my Google Reader. It’s all a part of the week that was…
Posts I liked –
- Club Troppo’s Jacques posts a great insight into depression, from the inside
- Craig Harper has a great piece about Sitting at Life’s Train Station – don’t just sit there! Take a train to somewhere before your ticket disappears!
- Sydney Daily Photo has a photo of some plane spotters at Kingsford-Smith Airport.
- I don’t usually mention sponsored posts, but there’s a webhost providing free hosting for a full year – you can find more details at Untwisted Vortex
- From BlogAboutYourBlog, the Top 5 Reasons to get your own domain name
New Blogs I’m reading in Google Reader
New blogs this week in the US Blogs community at BumpZEE –
- Unrestricted: My Nascar Rants & Raves
- Jottings From Jersey
- Mom Of 3 Girls
- Midlife Perspective
- Blue Dog Meanders
This week around the blog, there were 161 visitors, down from last week – that’s an average of 23 per day; the slowest day was Friday.
how to hack blogger robots.txt – Boy, I wish I knew how to do that, considering that they’ve messed around with it without notifying us about that, or allowing us to change it.
raiders of the lost ark free movie – Now now, you shouldn’t be doing that. Nevertheless, it’s out there – but I’m not telling where. 😉
drinking too much coke with meals – How much are you drinking? I would think that 2 cans (24oz, ~700ml) is way too much. I haven’t drunk any soda for over a month though, and I’m pretty proud of that. 🙂
Coming up: tomorrow, Snoskred and I will start a new feature – the Tuesday Think Tank, where we’ll explore an aspect of blogging, and ways to improve your blog. Snos will look at things from the perspective of the blogger and the reader, and I’ll delve into the technical side of blogging with how-tos and explanations of how things work.
This week, the focus is the RSS feed. I’ll have a discussion of what they are, whether you have one, and some of the really neat things you can do with feeds. Also, I’ll discuss how you can read other feeds.
Snos will be discussing what she looks for in a feed, and why she’s been unsubscribing to many feeds over the last few days.
Other than that, I really don’t know what I’m going to post about this week, so you’ll just have to stay tuned! 😉