It’s been a big week around here, topped off with the big move to WordPress. Without further ado, here is the weekly roundup, now with proper trackbacks! 😉
I’ve cut out the new blogs and stumbles section as I haven’t added any blogs to my reader and I’ve been busy with moving to WP so I didn’t do much stumbling.
Posts I liked –
- Meg in Nelson was asked a simple question: Why is the man in the wheelchair naked?
- You’re probably aware of Dove’s “Campaign for Real Beauty”. However, David Airey points out The Hypocrisy of Unilever’s advertising. Ah, the joys of multinational conglomerates…
- Ah, yes, I’ve been hearing ads for fake Christmas trees on the radio for a week or so. It’s not an insular thing though, as Katie points out, ‘Tis the Season (Yes, ALREADY!).
- Nicholas from Club Troppo has the perfect ad for why you don’t want to use Hotmail: Microsoft . . . tell me I’m missing something . . . please.
- Neatorama pointed me in the direction of this comparison of German and Chinese cultures.
- Tay has an important question for you – Do you love your blog?
- Spice up your Rock Paper Scissors game
- The Food Pornographer has a great series of posts of the Perth Royal Show 2007 – there’s 9 parts, with a lot of photos. 🙂
In the spotlight again is Google and their actions toward paid links. This week there are a couple of posts –
- Ed from Financial Pizza asks if Google’s War on Paid Links is similar to the War on Drugs. There are some good articles linked there, definitely read them.
- Pearl gives her take, including quoting comments on Matt Cutts’ blog with State of blogging and some.
New blogs this week in the US Blogs community at BumpZEE –
This week around the blog, the transition to WordPress was made successfully. The only glitch was that the “Did You Pass Math?” plugin didn’t work, so people who knew they passed math were being told otherwise.
edit robots.txt in blogspot – You can’t, which really stinks. Switch to a self-hosted WordPress blog if you’re serious about it.
wls it’s a beautiful day ferris – Interesting. I don’t remember hearing 890 on the movie, but it has been a while since I’ve watched it.
australian idol crohn’s – Uh, ok. I’m not sure why you’d search for just that. Does one of the finalists have Chron’s?
gateway 507gr system printing error – Hmm…why would that happen. Maybe you should do a restore…
google analytics picks up all visitors – It probably doesn’t (and I know it’s not picking up my visitors now because I haven’t brought it over here yet).
penalty paid links google – I have a suggestion of a site to report – ESPN. They have paid links on their site. However, I really like the idea of reporting sites with just Google Adsense on them…
diagram huntsman spider – Why would you want to do that? I’ve seen a picture of a huntsman – no thanks. 😉
do you leave the skin on for zucchini bread? – You can, it’s optional.
bernadette transvestite – The only thing that I could possibly think of is that you’re looking for The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert. Why not look for some nice Swedish blonds?
I also blogged about a slight hint I got about some baked goods to make; three suites and NaBloPoMo and having the second most popular group there.
Coming up, we’re going to close up a couple of loose ends with Blogger, including how to get your blog set up on your own domain. Later on this week, I’m going to talk about sabotage and the laws of searching. Be sure to check back in, or, re-subscribe to my feed using the link at the upper right.
‘Til next week! 😉