I’ve had a busy week working on my new WordPress blog; I’ll be moving over hopefully sometime this week. I still have some tweaking to do on it and some kinks to work out; however, I have a bit of a preview of the new look down below. It really looks stunning, I think. 😉
Posts I liked –
- Beach Etiquette
- Kids Today do NOT have it easy
- I got a mention from Katie for linking to others in her 10 ways to discover new blogs 🙂
- A couple of posts from Duncan’s TV ads; first This is what We “AustraliARE” – an ad ahead of the upcoming vote, encouraging Aussies to remember what they stand for
- Then, this ad from the Emirates Western Force (never heard of them? They’re one of the new sides in the Super 14, they’ve been around since 2006): Save it for the Game
- Darren at ProBlogger held a poll, and here are some results about how many visitors blogs get, in general
- Dumb Little Man has a bit of gastronomical delight; I’ve had one of these in the past and it is something awesome, though not entirely good for you… How to Make a Chicago Hot Dog – NO Ketchup, and you have to have the hot pepper 😉
- From In Photos, Donncha shows off some signs in Ireland that, while great for Gaelic lanugage, do nothing for tourism…
There certainly has been a theme of people getting slapped by Google for running ads on their sites. These next couple of links are a roundup of some of the latest posts:
- Andy Beard got slapped by Google, and he talks about it in Dancing with the Gevil – Defamed by Google?
- Meg weighs in on the discussion with Careful, G might hear you
- Danny Sullivan provides an explanation of why Google are doing some of this and points out an interesting hypocrisy – Official: Selling Paid Links Can Hurt Your PageRank Or Rankings On Google
- David Airey, who was affected by a recent penalty has recovered. He tells you how he reversed his penalty
- However, could there be something coming? Search Engine Journal says that, aside from the penalties, PageRank Changes have been reported
- Breaking from my form, I’m going to link to one of my own posts here where I set out my thoughts on it – How much control does Google have over us?
New Blogs I’m reading in Google Reader:
None this week
- Jackson Pollock – I didn’t actually stumble to it, but Forest posted a link to it, and I wanted to link directly to it as well as to his post 😉
New blogs this week in the US Blogs community at BumpZEE –
- On The wRite Side
- Print This!
- Michael Johns Official Blog
- CLONED RECIPES
- Fun 4 The Children
- Small Kitchen Appliance Blog
- Steven Wilson Marketing
- Online Florists @ Order Flowers Delivery
This week around the blog, I’ve been busy working on the WordPress layout that I’m moving to. I promised you a snapshot, and here it is. I should tell you that I do have some test posts on there; you won’t see those when I move though 😉
golf computer “shot navi” Hmm… it’s about time for the japanese golf to start showing on the tv again, maybe time for the shot navi again?
i need to sort things out – I think it’s something we all need to do, especially if we find ourselves in that rut all the time.
tel star lyrics – Telstar, Telstar. Interestingly, the song was mentioned on the radio on Thursday afternoon; the host made a great point – how many people my age even know what Telstar was for? I do, but I’m a geek 🙂
pagerank dropped – That seems to be happening quite a bit nowadays, but nobody is getting better pageranks. Come on google, get your act together!
outback steakhouse blimp purdue – It was over West Lafayette on Saturday night; Brent Musberger said so; it must be true! 😉
picture of grilled salmon and veggies – Shall we have another look at that? 🙂
free mom blogger templates – Whose mom is in jail? If it’s an issue for her to be in jail, I hope that she gets out soon; maybe your blog will help. Then again, I might have something confused here. 😉
text link ads google penalty – Yeah, It seems that Google are out for revenge on anyone using Text Link Ads. I’m dropping them when I switch to WordPress.
who is in control, of your blog domain? – If you’re with Blogger, then Google have control over it. If you go with your own hosting, then you do. Simple as that.
Lots of Keywords, I know, but it’s worth it 🙂
Over the week, I’ve posted about HTML Tips and Tricks for the Tuesday Think Tank, and Snos gave us Basic HTML for Bloggers. The Hump Day Hmm was about a challenge we’ve been facing, and I talked about Paging Mr. Negative – Don’t call soon. I also talked about one of my favorite radio programs, Lloyd Cole Knew My Father.
Coming up, I’ll be talking about Google Calendar in the Tuesday Think Tank, and on Friday I will talk about another of my favorite albums, this time a different take on some famous music. Of course, if all goes well, I’ll be making the big move and will have details about how to keep up with me then.
Also, if you’ve left a comment, I’ll be getting to them tomorrow, so be sure to check back for my reply.
‘Til Next week y’all… 🙂