Additional generic salutation for a week in review! 😉
Posts I liked –
- Let’s start our blog tour in Japan, where some ASCII artists have come together with a very cool story. Peter in Japan has the text that could make you cry.
- While the snow can be a bit annoying for having to live in, at least we have people who can take the mickey out of the local news broadcaster. The fact that it’s the local TV & Radio columnist makes it that much better. Now if the spice house could get some road salt…you know, for Ice Cream… 😉
- Uh oh, CommBank (Commonwealth Bank) have hired an American consulting firm to figure out their advertising for cricket. The results are definitely not as expected. At least they got some great ads out of it 😉
- Also from down under comes the news of the national broadcaster rebranding their channels into ABC1 and ABC2, a la BBC1, etc. Have a look at the new idents, but from what I’ve seen of their new on-screen look, they should do away with the solid blue and yellow bugs on the upper left….
- Before we had refrigerators and freezers that you could plug in to the wall, there was a different method of refrigeration. Digging ice from a lake. Here’s how they did it in Minnesota, circa 1890.
- Last, but not least, happy birthday, Daisy! Just don’t indulge on too many lizards. 😉
New blogs this week in the US Blogs community at BumpZEE –
- mentioning illness in job application – Well, that depends, doesn’t it? I mean, if you are just with the flu or something, then you probably can get away with it, but if it is something chronic, then you probably should mention it, especially if it could impact upon your job performance.
- dress like doctor who – Oh good god, no; why would you want to do Doctor Who cosplay? Anyone?
- qld dmv test – Don’t ask me! All I know is that there, if you take your test with an automatic transmission, you can only drive automatic transmission cars. It might be me, but I think that’s just backward…
- porn – Didn’t know I was a source on the stuff. Maybe you’re looking for Jenna Jameson, or Debbie Does Dallas, or maybe Gonzo (and I definitely don’t mean the whatever from the Muppets 😯 )? Maybe you’re looking for nude celebrities and Britney crotch shots? Heh, let’s see some keywords now! 😆
I also talked about the conspiracy that is Entrecard. I have to say that I’m loving some of the blogs that I’m finding through there – especially the food and the photo blogs. Of course, it doesn’t hurt that I subscribed to some before making my folders for dropping, and I keep clicking on some of the ads cos they do interest me. If you aren’t part of the conspiracy yet, you should get into it. You’ll have fun! Also, this is a call to all members of the US Blogs community – I’ve seen a few of y’all on there, but I’d love it if you could drop me a line if you’re in there, and I might just put together a page with all of y’all on there, somewhat like the Aussie blogs list. 🙂
Coming up this week, I have one more how-to post to go from my list of suggestions, and I’m sure that other ideas will come to me as a surprise. They usually do. 😉
Til next week y’all! 😉