Well, another week, here we go 🙂
Posts I liked –
- Are you one who looks at your blog’s stats and gets bugged by how low they are? Ben has some advice for you – Don’t chase statistics, earn them
- The folks at the Blue Stem Winery have some questions about the banking industry. Unfortunately, with the bankers all in the politicians’ pockets, unless you’re very careful with your accounts, you might just be flushing money down the drain. Seriously, the banks have it out for you, even if they claim otherwise. They need to make their shareholders happy somehow…
- If you’re just getting started with blogging and wonder how all the linking stuff works, you can have a read of Lightening’s guide to linking
- Starting our trip to the world of travel and photos, we start with a post that Guera did on the Road Less Travelled. She wrote about her time in Saudi Arabia. It’s a very interesting country to read about. 🙂
- If you’re a fan of fantastic photography, you need to check out these pictures. These are a selection of macro photos from Northern Norway. I have to say that I’m stunned by the quality, and am jealous of the diversity of creatures that are way up there. 🙂
- My, how standards have slipped. Apparently a 2.5 will get you into the Thursday honors club. I can’t say I’m surprised that the buggered up the sign… 😉
- It’s cold everywhere, ok? 🙂 It’s not a surprise that the Mississippi River has frozen in St. Paul
- Surely, printing isn’t that expensive in ‘Straya. Apparently at one company, a colour print costs more than $1. That was enough to leave a trail of post-its for the offending person.
New blogs this week in the US Blogs community at BumpZEE –
- hack wordpress.com nofollow – just quietly, if you have an avatar for wp.com, apparently that link does not have nofollow – I’ve spotted it happen on technorati. I’m not 100% sure that works though.
- sport – for some reason, I’m continually amazed at how people get to my site using these single word searches. I mean, sport is featured on 1.64 billion pages, and yet they click on me. It must be some kind of special search… 😉
- easycgi block my ip – if that’s true, you might be doing yourself more good than bad. Considering my experience with them, you’d probably be better off going with the competition.
- chuffed potatoes recipe – I don’t know how to make them, but here’s a site with 19 posts about them…
This week around the blog, I talked about all the snow that we’ve gotten in the area. We had more tonight – my drive over to my Monday appointment featured me going about 50 on the freeway. That’s km/h, not miles per hour. On the way home, the speeds were closer to normal though – around 80.
Coming up this week, I’ll show you how to make Firefox a little bit more secure – by blocking scripts that sites use. There are some blogs out there that have upwards of 70 scripts on their pages. That is way too many!
Til next week y’all! 😉