Right, so this week’s over, and we are approaching the end of winter. 40°F predicted for Sunday!
Posts I liked –
- Digging into the Minneapolis Star-Tribune’s archives, we find a couple of cool articles. First, from the era of prohibition, a bit of (even 83 years later) unsurprising news – Milwaukee is all wet. Yeah, anyone surprised? Didn’t think so. 😉
- One of my favourite bridges out there is the Stone Arch bridge in Minneapolis. This year marks the 125th anniversary of its opening. Check out the article that originally appeared in the Daily Minnesota Tribune. Fortunately, thanks to the internet, we can pass up the society happenings and court records. 😉
- It’s not a blog post per se, but I love the guy’s pure Chicago accent. It’s too bad they only had 2 guarantees – cos if they had only one more they’d have tree guarantees dis munt. Yeah, I’ve experienced the Chicago accent.
- I’m a comic strip junkie, and have quite a bit of Garfield books and even paraphernalia. But what happens when you take him out of the equation? Elizabeth points us to a site that features just that.
- It’s been a while since I’ve featured something from Craig Harper, but his recent vacation shed some light on some awesome people – big blokes in skirts. I think it’s something in the water of the South Pacific that makes everyone from down there awesome. 😉
- Here’s a hamburger recipe that sounds quite delectable – a bean and turkey burger, with some Mexican influence. Theoretically, you could change some of the ingredients and even make it into a vegetarian burger…
- Have an old laptop sitting around? Why not find some projects for it to take on. Lifehacker have the details on that.
- Lastly, if you only watch one ad this week (fat chance, but you never know), make it be this one from Victoria’s TAC, featuring those who have been affected by speeders around the state. It’s a very well-done spot, definitely meant to get the message out there. Don’t speed.
New blogs this week in the US Blogs community at BumpZEE –
None at this time – once again the site is down…it’s not even funny anymore. 😐
- watch mythbusters monster jam – An interesting concept, if I say so myself. Maybe there is a myth that says if you’re driving a monster truck, you don’t flip? I think one Monster Jam ep would negate that. 😉
- looking for a yahoo chat room – Apparently, they don’t exist anymore, but I think if you try using trillian version 3.0, you might have some luck. I know the scammers loved some of those rooms…along with a lot of sleazy people.
- free on line file manager to post images from – I would not trust any online software to access my whole file system. However, if you are looking for something to upload photos to Flickr from, there is the Flickr Uploadr, along with an extension that you can publish your photos from windows xp.
- hired killer scambait – I’m assuming you’re looking for Don Fabiano Jutolio Chichi. Isn’t everyone? I haven’t heard from him in a while. Betcha his email ain’t working anymore. 😉
- booze proxy server import – Trying to get your vodka by proxy? You’d be better off finding a buddy to drink with…
- censorship is good or not – No. Not ever.
- krista voda sex – She’s already busy enough, but I think I could spare a few
momentshours for that. She could too. 😉
This week around the blog, I showed you how to get started on securing your Firefox experience by using NoScript. It is a bit confusing at the start, but once you get the hang of it, it’s not too bad. Also, my laptop came back to life. Fortunately, I did get one of the things off of it that I wanted to get off of it (if you’re wondering, it was some music that I had downloaded but hadn’t transferred over). If I can get it running somewhat stably, I might just install one of those small Linux distros on it.
On Tuesday, I went out and voted. It was a big ballot – one election to vote in. The next one (in April) will have a few more seats. Then, we don’t vote again until September or October (if there are more than 2 candidates for some seats) and then definitely in November to elect the new President.
Coming up, I’m in a bit of a ranting mood. I think it’s got something to do with this weather. One of the things I’ve mentioned already, but the other is one of those let’s shed some light on what happened types of discussions.
One last thing – vale Ashley Cooper, who passed away as the result of injuries sustained in an incident during the Fujitsu V8 Development series race at the Adelaide street course over the weekend.
‘Til next week y’all! 😉