Back from a one-week vacation, TW3 returns this week with more of the usual links, including a wrap-up of the last two weeks on the blog here. 🙂
Posts I liked
- Have you ever wondered how the inner workings of a TV broadcast work? The Daly Planet received some high-resolution photos from the folks at ESPN showing off their broadcast capabilities. 🙂
- Ah, Russia. The land of all kinds of oddities, including some lax plane maintenance. Thankfully, these are just cosmetic things as far as I can tell…
- Passive-Aggressive notes has dug up a classic note, from around 2001. Apparently at Condé Nast Restaurant, someone was unhappy with the lack of egg salad…
- The UK continues to be a source of things comedic, and this is no exception. If you’ve watched the 24-hour news channels (or even the local news), you know how often they’re begging you to give your input. So, what exactly do you reckon?
- Lastly, if there is one link you read out of this whole wrap, it should be Raj Dash’s explanation of why he hates WordPress 2.5. Sadly, it seems that we’re stuck with it. We can only hope that the folks at WordPress will keep the 2.3 branch alive. Either that or someone will come up with a replacement dashboard that is like the one everyone’s used to already.
New Blogs in the US Blogs Community
The US Blogs community is open to bloggers in the US that are a part of the Bumpzee community. If you’re interested in more about the community, you can view the main page of the community. 🙂
- wordpress 2.5 missing subpanel – I can’t say I’m surprised that something’s missing in there – it seems they released this one half-baked…and an update isn’t forthcoming for a few weeks yet
- driving test tips singapore – Erm, I dunno; maybe don’t stall the car if it’s an automatic? Or, don’t try to interfere with the F1 cars as they round the corner? I’m at a loss y’all! 😉
- dress like a whore – Another one I’m at a loss on. All I know is that I’m not an authority on that one. Maybe you should consult Britney Spears or that chick who hosts that show on Speedvision – Vida Guerrera I think her name is. I call her Slutty McSlut…she looks like she has experience… 😉
- wordpress designers fuck up widgets – Could not have said it better myself. In fact I think I said just that. 😉
- what to wear on a plane in june – It might be warm, but you should always dress with safety in mind. I’d personally go with a pair of sweatpants, as surprising as that might seem – there’s no chance that you will trip over them in case you need to move quickly, and you can easily roll up the legs for comfort…
This week around the blog, I’ve been talking about this theme that I’m making. First up, I had to do some reading of the Codex, but then I quickly got an idea together and it suddenly had some form to it. Right now, it’s still got that basic form, but the comments box has gotten to a more appropriate width. 🙂
I also asked about why Entrecard changed their pricing system, when it didn’t need changing (sound familiar?), along with having a discussion of cash gifting. Just so you know, I’ve offered an opportunity to some of the folks on YouTube to be interviewed by me; whether they do it or not is up to them, but I think it would be a quite fascinating look into what could be considered almost a second world.
Coming up this week, I’ll have that announcement about a new service that I’ll be providing, along with wondering if someone is happy about the state of certain things.
Til next week, y’all! 😉