I’ve cleaned my Google Reader down to 10 unread items, and I have quite a few things to link to, and I think I’ve only doubled up on one site! 😉
Trust me, the mark all unread button was used with great gusto. 🙂
Posts I liked
- First off, some sad news from the beginning of the month, with Katie getting into her first accident. Luckily it looks like the damage was only superficial, and nothing bad happened to her or the internals of the car.
- Of course, then she went on to show off some awesome-looking Chicken Fried Rice. I’ll have to adjust the amounts lower and try it out once. 🙂
- Meg has a debate about the bog roll – over or under? Personally, I’m an over 😉
- I have never seen this much text on a billboard. However, if you note, Mercedes’ billboard in NZ is at a stoplight, so if you get stuck, you have some free entertainment. 😉
- Ah, what would the world be without Peter Popoff? The Rev. Anaglyph is still getting mail from him. Now with baggies, oil, and chewing gum?
- If you’re using the CommentLuv plugin, you should seriously consider the effects on your site. Not only could it be slowing down your server, but your database could be growing exponentially…
- With New York considering going to a congestion charge like London, Streetsblog shows how Paris is defeating congestion by encouraging bicycling and public transit. Could New York use this as a model?
- Seeing that Northwest (Orient) Airlines might be going the way of Eastern, Ansett, Pan Am, and Laudair, Yesterday’s News looks back to when the first introduced stewardesses to their flights.
- Would you want to smell this flower? Amorphophallus titanum smells like rotting flesh. Apparently it also has a nickname: Bob. I kid you not.
- Some of the most interesting photos you see of a city are from its river (or at least off of the beaten path). Such is the case with Berlin, as seen from a river boat.
- And, last but not least, Yahoo might be having issues, and a sign of that might be the restrictions on fun in their toilets. 😉
New Blogs in the US Blogs Community
- Well, shockingly, Bumpzee is down again…
The US Blogs community is open to bloggers in the US that are a part of the Bumpzee community. If you’re interested in more about the community, you can view the main page of the community. 🙂
- home improvement tips – Uhh…make sure everything works? Seriously, how do you all get here from these searches? I know, but how did I get onto your list?
- channel 36 pbs switch to digital analog – assuming you’re in Milwaukee (though considering your IP says that this is the US Senate Sergeant at Arms, I’d think not), I’m not sure what’s going to happen with the current setup of channels. I should be getting a set top box to get digital this week, so I’m looking forward to it. 😉
- gifting non-solicitation form – Still no response from the cash gifting people on YouTube. Why not, folks? It’s a great opportunity for free advertising, or if you wish, you can remain anonymous!
- wordpress 2.5 old look – Sorry, mate. Ain’t happening 😥 (Maybe someone will write up an admin script to get the look the same…still wondering what feedback led them to changing the whole damn thing)…
- gas price speculators crude refineries congress – Here’s how the oil pricing scheme works – speculators bid up the prices of everything, Congress blames the companies who get profits out of this bidding up, and the speculators bid up the prices some more. Who loses? Everyone, except for the speculators. But are they given their comeuppance? Nope. They’re not a “fancy” enough target. 🙁
Around the Blog
First off, I introduced a new service for anyone to take advantage of, one thing that the Horoscope said that should be done, in addition to my own experience. It’s WordPress Upgrades. With a new version available, now would be a great time to inquire about an upgrade.
Going along the line about the speculators, I really do hope that they’re happy. Really. Nice move not even showing your faces…
Also, Skype is a great program, but it’s lacking in some important areas – like accessibility.
Coming up, I’ve got an interesting question that I’d like to have y’all take the challenge and answer, but more on that later this week. 😉
Til next week (or in two weeks), y’all! 😉