As I had mentioned, a box had come to me quite literally as a surprise from the folks at Boxtera. There is a bit of a story here…a couple of weeks ago, I got an email referencing me to a site that corrals all the “box of the month” items - My Subscription Addiction, with the note that “I think you should order this”, to which I replied:
Well it certainly does look interesting!
I may do it. But yeah just the one month
Sent from my iPhone
Nothing further is said about this until the box arrived. One look on the box and I knew the culprit. I don’t live in New York, and my telephone number is not 212-399-3999. But it made it through anyways, even though any enquiries about the delivery would have gone to a sport company in New York City
So, let’s have a look at what’s in the box. I shall apologise now for the lighting on the pictures. I took them using my iPad and a small LED flashlight as a light source.
When you first open the box, you’re presented with a neat sticker that tells you that it’s from Boxtera, with some very nice green tissue paper (which I had already ripped earlier when I did a live unboxing on FaceTime)
The first thing that I saw was a hand-written note, which is something that you can add in when you buy a gift of the box for someone else. It was a really cool addition
So, let’s get into what the contents look like. If you want the whole list, Boxtera have posted the full packing list for the December box on their site. The first items are the bigger bags:
Clockwise from the top we have:
- SeaSnax - Seaweed & Olive oil snack. This one seems to be very interesting, and it’s promised to be very addictive, so that may be an unexpected awesome
- CocomoCorn - Caramel corn…not what you’d expect to be healthy, but that is what it’s billed as
- Flamous Falafel Chips - All natural, and showing to be the perfect chip for hommus. Considering that I have taken quite a liking to the chickpea creation, especially when it is flavoured (amongst my favourites are garlic and one from Aldi - Jalapeño Cilantro), so this should prove to be awesome
- Surfsweets fruit snacks - All natural and sugary, that should be cool
- Good Life Granola…not too sure what to do with that one, admittedly, and there is 4 oz of it in there!
- World Peas - Szechuan (or Sichuan) Chilli flavour - This one I suspect will be a favourite of mine in here, as I have taken quite a liking to wasabi peas (which I have now found out do come in a green package, and not just from the bulk foods section of the store), the spicy Sichuan/Szechuan Chilli should be fabulous. They also have a curry flavour available, and a bacon one!
- The GFB, Gluten Free Bar - Peanut butter & chocolate. It is very dense, and actually a bit higher in calories than I would expect, but it is peanut butter and chocolate, not exactly caloric lightweights, even with gluten
- Pirate’s Booty white cheddar cheese puffs - I’ve seen these for sale at Costco occasionally, but haven’t gotten to try one. This will be a great replacement for my cheese puffs from Nutrisystem
The next few shots cover the smaller items in the box.
Clockwise from the top
- Blue Algae Nut butter. Is it from nuts or from algae? What does it taste like? I think it may go well with carrots or possibly on a Algae-nut butter sandwich?
- The Perfect Snaque - Honey barbecue seasoned lentils. Let’s see…Honey barbecue? Yum. Lentils? Healthy, and filled with protein as well
- Raw Crunch energy bar - uncooked, but no indication of the flavor of this one, I will have to see what it is and come back :)…I checked the website, the Ch indicates Chocolate
- Fearless Organic Superchocolate - 75% Cacao - Dark chocolate? Love it! I’ve been known to buy on the rare occasion one of these types of bars (though the last time was at least a couple of years ago)
And last but not least:
- Skinny Bits - they come with a card explaining it. This seems to be a bit of a snacking item; I am not sure if there is a particular flavour to this one, so I will check on this later as well.
- Energy Serj energy shot - Similar to the 5-hour energy, which I’ve never had. I’ve never actually had any of those energy shot kinds of things, only the rare caffeine
- go raw Banana bread flax bar - very small, but I have heard many good things about flax seed, plus the banana bread flavour should be awesome
- The Simply Bar caramel peanut energy bar - before I started the Nutrisystem, I would have a protein bar usually every night, so this should be fitting right into that idea
- Bumble bar energy bar - Original Peanut flavour. There certainly is a theme here of energy…so it should be somewhat helpful with energy for me
So, there you have it, the December Boxtera box, full of really great goodies to enjoy. I think I’m going to try the Sichuan/Szechuan Chilli peas first