Another week is in the books. Let’s take a look back, shall we?
Posts I liked
- As a result of my post about cooking with wine, Cugat put together some great recommendations for wines, with text from the Penna. Liquor Control Board – Wine wine wine and More wine; Some good stuff there
- From the Reader Appreciation Project, Ronald discusses whether The Criteria for being a Pro Blogger is money – I’d say that if you’re making a bit of money on the side from a blgo, you’re not a professional. However, if you’re in it just for the money, then the answer would be different.
- The next couple of items are from Duncan’s TV Ad Land. First off is a brilliant arrangement of the famous Aussie ad music for Victoria Bitter, written for VB stubbies, and performed by the Melbourne Symphony and Orchestra Victoria VB Sweet Symphony
- With the Aussie cricket season beginning in just two days (first test Aus v. SL starts 6 PM Wednesday from Brisbane), Ford have launched their ads for the summer – the Ford Backyard Series Cricket
- From another of my favourite video sites, idents.tv, there’s a clip of Top Gear, where Jeremy Clarkson Takes a spin around BBC Television Centre – if you’ve never seen Top Gear, it’s a bloody excellent show
- Forest has A bit of a laugh for everyone
- If you’d installed WordPress before version 2.3, you’ll know that the “sample” blogroll that was included had links to the sites of folks who work on WP. This caused their Technorati ranks to go way out of whack. Donncha’s ranking got noticed which got him to the top of a list of Irish blogs, undeservedly (as he quickly points out )
- From the Road Less Travelled Blog, a couple of clips from the ABC’s Foreign Correspondent: Kopi Luwack and Deadly Injustice in the USA
NaBloPoMo posts I’ve liked
- From A Day in the life…, real stories from real children: Boobs in Toyland. Little Johnny’s got the right idea
- On a more serious note, from A Doggy’s Life comes this story about losing pets, and a really nice poem – grief, reprised
NaBloPoMo Blogs added to my reader, both photo blogs (for the most part ) -
New blogs this week in the US Blogs community at BumpZEE
- My Tiny Kingdom
- Natural Search Optimization, Web Design & Marketing Blog
- ‘Dat’ Curious.com – Sex for the Curious Mind
- Learn a foreign language – blog /a>
- Las Vegas Fun!!
- Life and Lawns
- passed my driving test – if you did, congrats! Mine’s scheduled for December 4th…
- what settings do you find walking fern s? – Uh, set tasers to stun? Or possibly, “not run”? I seriously don’t know…
- using google calendar for college – I used office calendar for college. It worked decently.
- change tictac blue header – You can so do that! I did it on my Blogger blog – you just have to change the address in one of the CSS properties.
- did duke ellington go to college? – I don’t think he did; not many folks did go to college in the early 20th century. However, looking through some of the higher results on the search, he did get an honorary degree from Berklee in 1971
Coming up this week, I’m continuing the NaBloPoMo commenting challenge, with a goal of 10-15 blogs per day. Also, coming up tomorrow, we start a HTML focus in the Tuesday Think Tank. I’ll be looking at more advanced items, and Snos will be looking at more essential pieces of HTML.
‘Til next week y’all!